The application period for this role is now closed.
Kinnevik is Europe’s leading listed growth investor. We create long-term value by providing patient capital and operational support to founders who build sustainable, transformative companies that make people’s lives better. With a permanent pool of capital, and the ability to deploy it across the investable universe, we invest in businesses that harness the power of technology to address vital, everyday needs. We back our companies at every stage of their journey and invest in Europe and in the US. In the Nordics we are leading investors in Instabee, Lunar and Pleo, among others. Our biggest asset is, and has always been, our people.
We are searching for our next CFO Trainee to join our team in Stockholm. We are looking for a highly ambitious, detail-oriented initiative-taker with positive energy; someone who thrives in a dynamic environment. In return, we are offering an extraordinary opportunity to work in a fast-paced setting and learn directly from the CFO of a publicly listed growth investment firm.
In this trainee role, you will collaborate with a team of business professionals, both Swedish and international, providing you with a robust foundation for your future career. This could encompass a range of areas, including for example Corporate Finance, Strategy, and Growth Investing. If your goal is to build a versatile skill set, expand your network, enhance your leadership capabilities, and gain a diverse array of experiences, then this opportunity is tailor-made for you.
To apply for this role, you need a strong academic record, preferably with a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business Studies and a demonstrated interest in Corporate Finance and/or Growth Investing.
Type of Position
Full time one-year trainee program, starting in summer 2024.
In the role, you will work with the CFO and Finance & Strategy team. You will also drive your own projects in a broad range of areas, including for example:
- Financial planning and analysis, including performance monitoring
- Business intelligence, portfolio management and capital allocation
- Portfolio and business valuation
- External reporting, including quarterly and annual reports
- Investor relations & communication
- Preparation of board and committee materials
- Treasury management
- Ad hoc projects throughout the company and portfolio
This is a unique opportunity to advance your career if you possess:
- A strong academic record, preferably with a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business Studies and a demonstrated interest in Corporate Finance and/or Growth Investing;
- Superb analytical skills with a keen attention to detail;
- A "can do" attitude with a results-oriented drive;
- Strong ability to work independently and proactively manage multiple projects simultaneously;
- A curious mindset that thrives in a dynamic work environment;
- Proven research and presentation skills, as well as high proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint;
- Fluent knowledge of English and Swedish (both written and spoken)
International experience, work experience alongside studies or other extracurricular engagements are desirable.
To be successful at Kinnevik you need:
- Dedication and drive to produce excellent work
- Strong interpersonal and communicational skills
- Confidence and humility to communicate clearly and constructively with others regardless of formal reporting lines
Who will you be working with?
You will report directly to the CFO Samuel Sjöström. There are currently three members in the core Finance & Strategy team and seven in the broader Finance organization.
In a dynamic and expanding environment such as the Kinnevik sphere, there are always opportunities for career growth. The role gives you an accelerated learning curve and provides a broad spectrum of experiences that will prepare you for diverse career paths and opportunities. After completing the one-year trainee program, you will have the chance to apply for a role within the Kinnevik sphere of 35+ portfolio companies, positioning you for future success.