This press release is not for distribution, directly or indirectly, in or into the United States (including its territories and possessions, any State of the United States and the District of Columbia). This press release does not constitute or form a part of any offer or solicitation to purchase or subscribe for securities in the United States. The shares mentioned herein have not been, and will not be, registered under the United States Securities Act of 1933 (the "Securities Act").
The shares may not be offered or sold in the United States or to, except pursuant to an exemption from the registration requirements of the Securities Act. There will be no public offer of securities in the United States.
This press release is a translation from the Swedish language press release. In the event of any discrepancies between the Swedish version and the English version, the Swedish version shall prevail.
PRESS RELEASE 23 April 2009
KINNEVIK ACQUIRES EMESCO AND STRENGTHENS THE OWNERSHIP IN MTG AND TELE2
Further step in simplifying the ownership structure and aligning the ownership interest between Kinnevik and its major shareholders
- Concentration of main shareholders' holdings to Kinnevik - increased transparency
- Increases Kinnevik's strategic and financial flexibility
Kinnevik acquires holdings with a market value of SEK 1,522 million
- Kinnevik increases its holding in MTG to 20.5% of the capital and its holding in Tele2 to 30.8% of the capital
- In addition, Kinnevik increases its holdings in Metro and Transcom
Strengthening of Kinnevik's financial position
- Consideration in the form of issue of 16.68 million new Kinnevik class B-shares to the shareholders of Emesco at a price of SEK 87.72 per share, corresponding to a premium of 17.5% to the volume weighted average share price over the last ten trading days
- Kinnevik's net asset value (NAV) increases by SEK 1,522 million