Korsnäs AB to acquire Karskär Energi AB

3 Jan 2008, 3:15 PM
Korsnäs AB, which previously owned 41% of the shares in Karskär Energi AB, has today signed an agreement to acquire the remaining 59% of the shares in Karskär Energi AB from E.ON Sverige AB for a consideration of SEK 200 million.
For more information please contact:
Peter Sandberg, CEO Korsnäs AB +46 26 15 11 11
Göran Eriksson, Mergers & Acquisitions E.ON +46 70 525 91 10
Korsnäs is one of Sweden's leading forestry companies, manufacturing some 1.1 million tonnes of paper and cartonboard annually at two facilities - Gävle and Frövi. Korsnäs develops, manufactures and sells virgin fibre-based packaging materials intended for users with exacting requirements for efficient, creative, functional packaging solutions, primarily in the consumer goods segment. The company exports approximately 90 percent of its products. Korsnäs employs 1,900 people, has annual sales of SEK 7,177 million (2006) and is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Investment AB Kinnevik.